FM Acoustics and FRANK POWER BANK testimonial by JO KI


1  ABL MCB CRYO T1 50Amp 
1  FRANK M5Hz +



2  UNIT FRANK POWER BANK
















Guru of the LS3/5A club














 FM 155












BDP 1











LAB47





LP12








TORUS AVR 












FRANK POWER BANK

http://fveuroaudio.wix.com/audio


The words Power Bank becomes synonymous with the coming of smart mobile phones, the same PB (in name) find itself into the audio scene of late. Here, I am talking about FRANK PB-15000Ws Power Bank Storage from Frank Acoustics.

Since my system already quipped with TORUS 8A-AVR power conditioner, which the entire system draws its current from, and I own only a small system so I thought I do not need power reserve like this behemoth FPB-15000Ws. I was wrong!

 Despite many of my peers are singing praise about this FPB, I remained unshaken and did not jump in the bandwagon like many others. It was through casual conversation in a social meeting with Frankie, the designer that I agree to give it a try. It has given me very surprising improvements on all counts, and with zero negative remark.

1.      My system has low noisefloor. Prior this, I never felt that there is any need in reducing noise in my system; the installation of PB, in my hopeful intent, was to stabilized the power swing due to the commercial centre next door between operation hours. And what a pleasant surprised when I noticed other good effects that are considered to be bonuses. To be honest, I am not sure whether it is the noise floor being reduced, as I can only deduced that it is because I hear more refinement with better micro-dynamic details retrieval with this addition, and indeed my system is now less susceptible to the bad effects of power swing.

2.      In a satellite speaker system like mine, where lower octaves are helped by woofers (Rogers AB-1) and REL subwoofer where both are trying to work well into main speakers of BBC LS3/5A pedigree, I can have (allowed) a good excuse for slight lesser fidelity in the bass as compared to the main speakers’ performance. To my surprise, the addition of PB gives the most audible good effects in the bass frequency band; the bass control and definition have improved to a stage that many music were termed as “unplayable” in the past, like 80’s pop/rock music, are now sounds good. Seemingly the PB has boosted the power handling of my FM Acoustic 108 mono power amp from 70W RMS to a more powerful amp.

3.      Almost simultaneously, together with what I noticed to the low frequency band, tonal balance above it has taken on an elevated threshold with the high frequency extremes being most immediate; that the high frequency band is now pristinely clear and free from minute artifacts of phase shift, which was never noticed before; as a result, the staging imagery presented with an improved clarity, focusing, better isolation and providing a clear delineated dimensionality unheard before in mm system.

4.      There were so much going on and certainly the bandwidth balance gets noticed at the same time among the rest I mentioned earlier; the rhythms and tempo of music, its arrangement and other physical attributes in sound are heard more “structured” and has better composition. The sound becomes more “tidy” in comparison.

5.      Naturally, once the above are inplaced, the embedded emotional content, the expression of musician and his/her musicianship or artistry are able to come through more readily, making the listening that much more effortless, and at the same time, allows you to hear more and deeper into the music.




Sub DB
AC POWER CONDITIONER FRANK








Skogrand cable

http://www.skograndcables.com/
http://dagogo.com/skogrand-cables-scsciscj-tchaikovsky-system-review



http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Kuala_Lumpur_2015/page7.htm





ABL CRYO MCB

Circuit breakers


Customer Testimonials

Dear Frankie,


My house comes with standard DB with standard fuses, typical of all Malaysian houses. These fuses are none exotic nonetheless, they are safe and passed all the  requirements from relevant authorities. As audiophile, being safe alone is never enough. And this is where ABL T1 Cryo  found its way into my DB!

Power is a lifeline of an audio system, they are the conduits for sound signal which requires pristine state, without spikes, noise in order for it to do what they are suppose to be doing well! I have TORUS AVR power regulator fed directly from the DB with a dedicated RADOX Swiss made military standard power cable supposedly to withstand bomb blast! Just to give you a hint of what I had already installed for my power supply to my audio room.

It is naturally that there isn't as much drop in the noise-floor when standard fuse was changed to ABL MCB, the most significant it is contributing to my system is how it adds "live elements" to my entire system. The transient rise and fall is freer without hesitation, the dynamic contrast, from a quiet subtle ambient space and hearing how the metaphor of sound, in its full glory timbre, burst into the volumetric space and subsequently hearing how seamless it is and how naturally even it is in the diminishing part, its reverberation precipitating into nothingness. There is dynamic stability found too! The power in handling the crescendos is found to peak less and raised in amplitude level. It allows a system to be driven harder in times of needs.

I am very happy with the ABL T1 MCB you have put in Frankie. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Jo Ki




Malaysia